The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) is
committed to providing professional development workshops and opportunities to our membership and other practitioners in the area of chronic disease prevention and control. To meet that commitment, the Professional Development Committee has developed Competencies for Chronic Disease Practice and several competency-based workplace tools, in additional to a variety of educational events.
- Building the Business Case for Chronic Disease Prevention
- Re-imagining the Box: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving in Chronic Disease
NACDD Chronic Disease Academy is an annual educational event,
and provides interactive, skill-based trainings on a variety of competency-based topics. Presented as a 2 ½ day event, the Academy is designed to:
- Strengthen the chronic disease workforce;
- Facilitate the creation of new partnerships and strengthen existing collaborations through networking; and
- Provide a platform to share innovative products and programs with practitioners.
Academy tracks are based on competency domains and offer trainings at both basic and intermediate/advanced levels. Topics and presenters are carefully chosen by a panel of content experts, and are expected to
provide attendees with a combination of new knowledge, skills, and
tools for immediate use in their workplace.