Effective Date: December 18, 2007
3. Privacy Statement. The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors operates this Website. All references to "we", "us" shall refer to The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors. We regard the privacy and security of user information as a critical component of the services that we offer to our members and users. The following information explains our information gathering and dissemination practices.
4. Registration Data. We reserve the right to require you to register to receive certain benefits, products or services and to provide certain registration data including your name, country, zip code or postal code (as appropriate) and email address ("Registration Data").
5c. Information We Use. We may use the Personally Identifiable Information collected through our website primarily for such purposes as:
- helping to establish and verify the identity of users; - opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users’ accounts or memberships; - processing postings and sending related communications; - providing services and support to users; - improving our website, including tailoring it to users’ preferences; - responding to users’ questions, inquiries, comments and instructions; - maintaining the security and integrity of our systems; - fulfilling user’s Product orders; and - publishing a member directory for networking purposes.
In general, we use the Personally Identifiable Information collected on our website to help us understand who uses our website and how it is used, to personalize your experience, to assist you in using our website and to improve our website.
If you become a registered member of our website, we may use your information to send you a welcoming email that may confirm your user name and password. If you decide to “opt-in” we may send you electronic newsletters, contact you about online products and services, related information and news items that may be of interest to you, and provide you with targeted feedback. If you decide you no longer want to receive these communications from us, we will provide you with an option to “opt-out” and change your preferences.
We also use the Non-Personally Identifiable Information collected automatically by our servers primarily to help us administer and improve our website.
7. IP Addresses. IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as "traffic data" so that data (such as the web pages you request) can be sent to you. We will not use your IP address to attempt to identify your personal information.
8. Referrers. A Referrer is the information passed along by a web browser that references the Web URL you linked from, and is automatically collected by our web server as "traffic data". We reserve the right to use this information to identify broad demographic trends that may be used to provide information tailored to your interests. You will not be personally identified from this information.
9. System Information. System information that we collect as part of "traffic data" includes time, the type of web browser being used, the operating system/platform, and CPU speed. This information is sent automatically by your web browser when you are connected to a web site. We reserve the right to use this information for purposes of identifying broad demographic trends and may be used to provide information appropriate for your computer system. You will not be personally identified from this information.
11. Other Web Sites, Links, And Advertisers. This website contains links to other web sites. We reserve this right to have advertisers or other third parties on this website who may also have links on this website and may link to this website. The privacy practices of advertisers or web sites linked to this website are not covered by this privacy statement, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. Additionally, if you make a purchase from a store or merchant listed on or linked to this website, any information that you give, such as your credit card number and contact information, is provided to those merchants. These merchants have separate privacy and data collection practices, and we have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. You should be careful to review any privacy policies posted on any of these sites before signing up with and using them.
12. Security. Information collected by this website is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our employees are required by us to maintain and uphold your privacy and security and are aware of our privacy and security policies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, WE CANNOT ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US, AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
13. No Liability for Acts of Third Parties. Although we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information (including credit card information), transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. We will have no liability for disclosure of information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties. In addition, we will release specific information about you to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if there is an attempted breach of security or a physical threat to you or others.
Please note that if you give out personal identification information online -- that information can be collected and used by third parties. Although we strive to protect our users' privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of information you post in these forums. You disclose such information at your own risk.
14. Minors. This website is directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 18 or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside. We will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain accounts or memberships for, any child that we knows to be under the age of 18. We do not solicit or knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18. If we nevertheless discover that we have received Personally Identifiable Information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or that we otherwise have reason to believe is, under the age of 18, we will promptly delete such information from our systems. Additionally, a child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child’s information be corrected or promptly deleted from our files by contacting our Privacy Coordinator at the telephone number or address set out below.
15. Contact Us. If you have submitted personally identifiable information through this site, or if someone else has submitted your personally identifiable information, and you would like to review, request changes or have that information deleted from our databases, please contact us via e-mail or send a letter to our Privacy Compliance Coordinator at the address indicated below. We will then use reasonable efforts to change or remove your personally identifiable information from our files, unless we are entitled or required to retain it pursuant to other agreements or by law. You may also contact us through either of the above methods to request or review the personally identifiable information that we have collected about you. We will use reasonable efforts to supply you with this information and correct any factual inaccuracies in this information. Our contact information is as follows:
National Association of Chronic Disease Directors Contact: email@example.com Telephone: 770-458-7400