Who We Are: Our Mission
The council pursues this through the following strategies:
- Represent vision issues within NACDD.
- Promote the link between eye health and chronic diseases at the state and national levels.
- Promote policies and systems on the national level that enhance state-based activities.
- Foster integration of vision-related activities and messages within chronic disease programs in state health departments.
- Exchange ideas, strategies, successes and challenges related to eye health.
- Improve surveillance within states and enhance data available to states.
- Facilitate and enhance partnerships and collaborations between state health departments and local and national vision-related organizations for effective eye health programs.
- Disseminate and develop tools and resources that enable state health departments to pursue vision-related programs for professionals and consumers.