How Does Your State Stack Up?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s, Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) released the 2010 School Health Profiles (Profiles) survey results. This survey, conducted every 2 years since 1996, monitors the following:
- School health education requirements and content
- Physical education requirements
- School health policies related to HIV infection/AIDS, tobacco-use prevention, and nutrition
- Asthma management activities
- Family and community involvement in school health programs
Go to http://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/profiles/index.htm for fact sheets and even a PowerPoint map presentation showing how states compare in this important area.