Physical Activity and Public Health Course: Practitioners’ Course on Community Interventions (PAPH) Scholarships
Through the National Society of Physical Activity Practitioners in Public Health (NSPAPPH), NACDD has funding available for state health department physical activity practitioners to attend the 2011 Physical Activity and Public Health Course: Practitioners’ Course on Community Interventions (PAPH). The PAPH Course will be held September 15-21, 2011 at The Sea Pines Resort in Hilton Head, SC. The PAPH Course is sponsored by University of South Carolina and CDC and is entering its 17th year of successful training for researchers and public health practitioners.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must work for a state health department as a physical activity practitioner. The scholarship selection process is integrated into the course application process - only formal applicants for the course will be considered for the scholarship.
CONGRATULATIONS to the 2011 Public Health / Physical Activity Practitioner recipients:
- Monica Barnett – PA Coordinator, Georgia Dept of Community Health
- Clarissa Christensen – Community Health Educator, State of Nebraska Health and Human Services
- Beth Davis – PA Coordinator, South Dakota Dept of Health
- Karol Fink – Program Manager, State of Alaska
- Julie Garcia – PA and Wellness Coordinator, Arizona Dept of Health Services
- Tamara Lewis – Obesity Prevention Coordinator, Texas Dept of State Health Services
- Anthony Randles – PA/Nutrition Program Manager, Kansas Bureau of Public Health