Advocacy and Policy
Resources that may be helpful to state programs:
- State Legislature Contact Information 2011. Provides links to each state's legislature and bill search.
- CDC CHANGE Tool 2010. Community Health Assessment and Group Evaluation tool developed for Healthy Communities. Tool and step-by-step guide can be downloaded for free.
- National Council of State Legislators Heart Disease and Stroke Profiles and Policies 2011. Provides a link to data and legislation related to heart disease and stroke for each state.
- Shortchanging America's Health 2010: A state-by-state look at how public health dollars are spent. Report by Trust for America's Health
- NACDD Hypertension Policy Statement 2010. A multi-Council collaboration developed this set of policy recommendations to address hypertension.